Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome to Nepal

I arrived in Kathmandu, Nepal on Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, and here I am three showerless days and one bad back later, having decided that my experiences here might be something to write about. Never before have I had to bathe myself with one litre of self-boiled water over a cracked kitchen sink, walked in a city which smells of incense and has walled, unlit streets, or had to patiently wait for the alloted 6 hour time slot of carefully rationed electricity to click in. At least not that I can remember. Who knows what wild adventures I may have been a part of when I was three. Still, it's refreshing to be in a country and in a situation so vastly different to normal every day life. That is why I'm here.

Granted, I will complain, cry and shout a lot because that's how we cope, but I will also laugh, enjoy and fall in love with the culture just as i did with Viet Nam.

Here's to more adventures.

Happy reading.

3 comments:

  1. Love it girl! Do hope you have a great time amidst the random crying and shouting moments; sure the new experiences will make up for it. Look foward to hearing more about your time while you're there! Love ya, Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could turn out to be something really cool!! Good luck with everything! and keep it going ^_^

    Laura Vicaria

    ReplyDelete
  3. menschen sind anpassungsfähig - aber nur Mut, es kann nur besser werden - siehe deine Hand und die zwei Finger - Viktoria V

    ReplyDelete