Sunday, January 4, 2015

Good-bye Manila

According to my sister, the secret to a healthy, illness free life is only a bowl full of fruit and a dram of whiskey-a-day away. I don't know how accurate this theory is, but it certainly does not hurt to try this 21 year, age old adage out. It certainly helps numb the pain in a vitamin rich way.

I hate to say it, but I think this has actually been the worst Christmas and New Years I have ever had, and I do not look forward to any future holidays which hope to challenge this year's end of year events. Unpleasant and aggressive illnesses both at the start and the end of the holiday paired with the heartbreaking death of two beloved members of our family at the hands of incompetent doctors and substandard medicine, it is unfortunate that this has all happened within days of the end of the Manila experience.

Ironically, the city has been at its most pleasant during this visit, or maybe it was just the lesser of many evils. Here's a shot of whiskey to the final chapter of life as an expat.






No comments:

Post a Comment