Monday, May 6, 2013

Welcome to the Philippines

It's feels good to be back in Asia. In fact, it feels great to be back in Asia. I don't even know where to start. The heat, the colours, the flavours, the high contrasts, the people, the fruit. There's something about the combination of sticky tropical heat, muggy days, and tropical fruit that appeals to me greatly. Today for example, is a horribly humid day, completely overcast and muggy, and yes, I woke up completely cabin-feverish and sticky, but that feeling evaporated as soon as I stepped outside to be surrounded by green. There are so many plants, so many edible ones as well. Even though stepping outside does not necessarily mean stepping into fresher air, the green surroundings offer such a relief for your eyes, that everything just seems fresher. At least that's how it works for me, but I like green.

So yeah, I'm in Asia, more specifically in Manila, the Philippines. More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment