Tuesday, October 16, 2012

30 hours

For the first time EVER, my travel bag is packed a whole day in advance. I don't know if it's the fact that I love my new rucksack, the fact that I'm really quite excited about this trip to El Salvador, general boredom, or a combination of those things. I started selecting and laying out my clothes yesterday. A systematic folding process followed and little piles of carefully selected and counted outfits emerged, all of which were eagerly rolled and stuffed into a 60L orange rucksack.

I think it's a good time to go. I'm blogging about packing of all things and the cats and I have a reached a new level of understanding with each other which means they are quite happy to use me and any part of me (including my face) as a bed, pillow, washbasin, strategic vantage point, fort and full on war-zone. In case you are not familiar with the Dohle cat situation, not that you should be, the two cats hate each other but currently love me. Thus they very often engage in 'en garde' situations with me blissfully slumbering in between completely ignorant of imminent danger. Lots of hissing, growling, scratching and yelling later one is banished to the outer confines of my room while the other is allowed to stay. But enough about cats.

In 30 hours I will start my journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment